Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yard Sale

Travis and I went to dinner last night with my parents in Cold Springs, food was good but company was better.  On our way home, we stopped at a yard sale in Oakdale and bought a 10 records for 3 dollars.  THREE DOLLARS!!!!  Blood, Sweat & Tears, Santana "Inner Secrets,"Bob Dylan "New Morning," "The Graduate Soundtrack," Jimi Hendrix, Kenny Loggins "Keep the Fire," Stevie Wonder "Music of My Mind," two Chicago records, and Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake."  I love everything about records: the feel, the smell, the pops and cracks of the sounds...it all adds to the wonder of music.  Sure I have an iPod and many, many CDs, but I cherish the records my parents and grandparents have handed down.  I can't tell you how many memories I have of my sister, my mom, and I dancing around the house to Air Supply, Simon and Garfunkel, or with my dad it was Aerosmith and The 'Stones.  I still smile when I think about it.  

No comments: