Friday, April 4, 2008



Do you want to know how I know that Travis is still madly in love with me- nine years after we first met?  He built me a fence.  Yes, a fence.  The house to the left of ours is a rental and the renters who just moved out kept odd hours, pulling in and out of the driveway in the middle of the night.  I would wake up at least once a week to their old beat-up car's headlights shining into our bedroom.  Travis loves me so much that he built a fence around that bedroom window.  He did it so skillfully that you don't even realize that the fence is new (a new fence would look so out of place with our 60 year old house).  He used recycled boards from the university that his father works at, making the boards at least 10 years old- aged just enough  to fit in :)  The dogs have already figured out which room is ours and love standing on their hind legs to look in the window at us!

No comments: