Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring

I have a love-hate relationship with spring.  I love that the light of the day progressively lengthens; I love the reminder of life I see in every new blossom and leaf; I love soaking up the sunshine in a tee-shirt instead of a parka; I love that we hope for rain, instead of grumble about the fog; and lastly, I love that we can eat meals on our patio, overlooking our huge backyard.  On the flip side, my allergies protest at the first hint of pollen; I have to clean house more often because the windows are open and dust quickly coats everything; and I dislike the reminder that we do not yet have air conditioning.  If you know me, you know that I'm one to usually look on the bright side of things...I'm having trouble with that today as I muddle my way through paper work instead of going for a walk with the dogs.  Not to mention, I have a slight fever and a sinus infection ~ yes, spring is here.

No comments: