Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ski Day





Travis finally succeeded in dragging me out to ski for the day.  I use to ski all winter long, but as the years go by, my poor ol' knees get worse and worse and I have lost the fearlessness I use to have.  I now worry about making a wrong turn while skiing and blowing out a knee, which would put me out of work for  awhile.  This time around, I took my time and didn't push myself too much, which resulted in me being not nearly as sore today as I thought I would be!  I definitely feel it in my knees and I am achy, but I'm up and walking around which is more than I thought I'd be doing.  I'm even thinking of joining Travis and his students this coming Saturday...we'll see how I feel half way through the week ;)
I packed my camera for the outing, but forgot it in the truck.  As we took our last run back to the lodge, I truly missed an opportunity to capture nature's beauty at it's finest.  I asked Travis to stop a few times on the way home so I could try and make up for it.  Here are a few pictures of a "sno-park." I'm not quite sure what it was called, but people were snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, and playing in the snow with their families.  Whatever the name, it was beautiful.

No comments: