Tuesday, September 22, 2009

17 weeks so far

Our monthly check up lat week went smoothly. We were able to hear the heartbeat again, which is so reassuring. Our next appointment will be our 20 week sonogram- I can't believe I'll be halfway in 2 1/2 weeks! Time is passing so quickly.
I'm feeling much better, but the hot days are still challenging. Any day that is over 95 results in me going to be early with a headache and a queasy stomach. Don't worry, I'm hydrating myself so much I feel like I'm going to wash away. I have to confess, I'm still drinking my mochas :S Before getting pregnant I was drinking a grande double shot soy mocha with no whip cream everyday (made at home on our fabulous espresso maker!), so I'm feeling pretty good only having a tall 1/2 caff soy mocha w/ no whip cream 3 days a week. I'm so tired it's hard to not slip in a double shot- but I'm doing it. So if you call or stop by for a visit and I suddenly fall asleep, don't take it personally. As my midwife-mother-in-law has helped remind me- it takes a lot of energy to grow a baby. It's against my nature to "slow down and take it easy," but nature is forcing me to do so. I'm so frustrated that I can't make to yoga after work and I miss running so much, but I cannot find the energy to do any of it. It's been so hot in the evening and I've been so tired our poor dogs aren't getting their nightly walks. I think we're all suffering because of it too. I miss those walks! Once it cools down, I know we'll be back out on the canal, nightly...we're just STILL waiting for it to cool down. Today it's going to hit 100- again! I've heard this is going to be the last hot stretch for awhile. I hope so or I might lose my mind and run away to Alaska to cool off- or Colorado...I heard it snowed there the other day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry you are tired! but i am glad everything is going well with baby. i have been praying for you. are you going to find out what you are having? love, julie