Monday, December 21, 2009

Vacation is here!

Travis and I are both officially on winter break! I barely made it, too. What a rough month. Taking two weeks off at the end of month really means working extra hard the first two weeks of the month to fit everything in. We were both looking forward to sleeping in and living without an agenda. Unfortunately, I've been waking up most mornings around 3:30 and having a hard time falling back asleep, and the first morning of break was no different. I did get to take a nap later in the day, though. Isn't that one of the best things about vacation? Sleeping in general, I mean :)
To start off vacation, we went to Santa Cruz to celebrate Linda's birthday. After a huge dinner, I slept all the way to 6:30! What a breakthrough! I tried to get Travis to wake up and go watch the sun rise at the beach, but he wasn't having it. I grabbed my camera and watched daybreak from the deck, instead. There are some upsides to waking up early :)




No comments: