Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almond Blossoms

In our part of California, the blooming of the almond trees is an annual marker of the turn of seasons. Spring is here! The weather may still be cold and damp, but the days are starting to get longer and many variety of trees are in bloom. A few years ago, I noticed a huge increase on social media of pictures of kids in the beautiful almond orchards. I've always admired them and have patiently waited for my turn to plop my kids in the middle of a field and attempt to get them to smile. 


After a few seconds, I realized Adaline was not going to sit and smile for me...and it made the photos so much better to have her true personality shine through.





Spencer, on the other hand, was content to sit and watch Adaline run (we were fighting off yet another cold). He did find a fun stick to entertain himself with~








Oh, and it should be mentioned that Adaline picked out her own outfit. I figured the orchards were a perfect place for her dancing skirt.

No comments: