Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dr. Oz

In a previous post I mentioned that I only really watch Oprah for Dr. Oz's information. Turned on my dvr last night to watch yesterday's episode and what do you know, it's Dr. Oz's last day. He's going to be starting his own show in September. Woohoo! I'm so excited by that. As part of the farewell episode, Randy Pausch's wife skyped in to talk about like without Randy (of Last Lecture fame). Dr. Oz chipped in about a conversation he had with Randy, right before his death. This quote struck me- to my core- and I thought about it all night...
"Hope is just making sense of things,"
--Randy Pausch

I'm trying to apply that to my life, and I'm stuck on the verbiage. For myself, to I see hope as the process of making sense of things or having made sense of things as they pertain to me. I'll think about it for the rest of the day and get back to you on that. In the mean time, what do you think?

No comments: