Okay, so Travis and I have been so thankful for the creation of the DVR. We've had one since 2004 and have slowly added more and more shows to our queue. As of today, we have 16 shows. SIXTEEN! How did this happen?! It's not like we have a lot of time to sit and watch television. Not all of the shows play at the same time of the year, and we usually save most of the week night shows until the weekend, where we can watch a few at a time. Some of the shows are must-sees, some we watch because they're no-brainers and we can zone out while we watch them, and some we each watch without the other. Because I know you're wondering, I've listed the ones we regularly watch. Are there any that we're missing that you absolutely have to watch?
In no particular order...
1. Chuck- This we started watching because it came on before Heroes. It's getting a little old...
2. Heroes- LOVE IT! Can't wait to see what happens each week.
3. Private Practice- We started watching this because it was Addison from GA. It's pretty good, but I can't stand "Naomi's" character. I don't really know, she just bugs me.
4. Desperate Housewives- It was better in the beginning, but I'm a creature of habit so I still watch it.
5. Brothers & Sisters- Love it! I really wanted Kitty to leave Robert (even if he is Rob Lowe!) and move in with the dreamy park guy. *sigh* oh well.
6. The Mentalist- it sounded better than it really is. I like trying to catch what Jane sees as he sees it, but I can't stand the dark-haired boss.
7. Lost- Oh, how I love it! We started watching at the second season because we had just moved back from Hawaii and we were missing it and all our friends there. Quickly got sucked in and fully believe Juliet and I could be friends if she ever moved to Turlock ;)
8. Grey's Anatomy- Started watching this from the get go because I've had a crush on Patrick Dempsey ever since Ronald bought Cindy a white leather jacket with fringe in Can't Buy Me Love.
9. Southland- I'm a tad bit embarrassed to admit that I started watching this because "Ryan" from the OC is on it. Oddly, we started watching the OC while we were living in Hawaii, missing our California friends and family (remember the opening song "California"...yeah, we'd sing it every time we watched it...)
10. Friday Night Lights- I don't know how or why we started watching this...sometimes this happens when you own a DVR.
11. Jon & Kate Plus 8- I don't really know why I watch this one. I can't stand the way Kate talks to Jon or the children, but I'm amazed that anyone can live with 8 children. And geez...have you seen their new house?!
12. Oprah- I'm over Oprah, but I really like Dr. Oz and some of her guests are worth hearing Oprah repeat everything that's said to her as if she said it herself.
13. Ellen- Funny girl!
14. Deadliest Catch- Travis's choice, but I get sucked into it, too.
15. CSI- But only the Las Vegas one, and I miss Grissom.
16. Numbers- Travis's other favorite for obvious reasons.
Keep in mind that we don't watch all 17 shows every week. That would be just silly!