Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

Yeah, I know it's the end of July, but it's been a crazy busy summer and I'm usually so exhausted at the end of the day that I can't convince myself to blog in a timely manner. I promised myself I would post these pics before the MONTH of July is over...and I'm running out of time!!!


We started the holiday off a few days early with the annual kids shoot, something that my sister started with her kids and has kindly allowed us to join in on :)  

 
This shot was the goal of the afternoon, but we had to get through quite a few other pics to get it...


Trace's favorite pose...

Adaline looks so blonde!!

Awww...



 On the actual 4th of July, we rushed downtown for the morning parade. Good thing we hurried, I think it took a whopping 20 minutes for the entire parade to pass us by.

Spencer wasn't all that impressed...

Adaline loved her perch from her "packpack"

Hayley's patriotic crew

After the parade, we spent the afternoon trying to stay cool in the pool
And in the shade tent we had posted on the lawn
We did not do fireworks. Both our kids go to bed fairly early and I thought both kids would just be scared by them. I know Adaline was, she woke up crying so many times throughout the the night because of the surrounding neighborhood fireworks. Maybe we'll try seeing them next year.

All in all, it was a great holiday~ hope you enjoyed yours, too!

No comments: