Monday, December 31, 2007

2007


Can you believe 2007 has come and gone?  I can't- where did it go?! Oh, that's right, into a masters program (for me) and an adminstration credential (for Travis).  We went for a long walk this morning with the dogs and I kept thinking about all that has happened over the last year...I finished writing and defended my thesis, Travis went back to school for his administration credential, we trained for and completed a half-marathon, we took a long weekend down south for an overdue visit with friends, a long weekend in Squaw Valley with Travis's parents, numerous summer trips to Mi Wuk Village with both sets of parents, played toursests in San Francisco, celebrated Laura's first birthday, heard that she's going to be a big sister in March of 2008, and adopted Elvis!  Wow, when I write it all down, I realize we really did do a lot this year!  The best part is how much of our year we were able to spend with friends and loved ones.  That in and of itself is a blessing.  I am starting the new year with a heart full of love and a renewed feeling of patience.  I hope you are all looking forward to 2008 as much as I am!  Happy New Year :)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

And Happy New Year to you! One of my resolutions is to make extra trips to Turlock to visit friends. For the past few years, I've been coming only for family events, but it's time I put forth a little extra effort to see you, Amanda, and the others in town!