Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve-Eve

We spent December 23 getting ready for Christmas and baking a little bit.  Mid-afternoon we headed up the hill to Sonora for Travis's mom's birthday dinner.  Sara picked a fantastic restaurant, Diamondback's, and we had tough decisions for our entrees.  Travis picked the skirt steak with a blue cheese/horseradish sauce and shoe string sweet potato fries (my favorite!) I picked the Alaskan Salmon patty served on an english muffin, topped with wasabi dressing.  It was soooo good.  I ate somewhat quickly and didn't get to really savor my food (we were eating with a baby), but what I tasted, I like!  It was Adaline's first dinner in a restaurant and she did fine for being up past her bedtime and being overstimulated with sights, sounds and smells.  I didn't take my camera so I have no pictures to post, but the restaurant was really cool. I'm looking forward to our next visit to Diamondback's so we can take a little more time and fully enjoy ourselves.
Happy birthday, Linda and Grandpa Hank!

No comments: